Maintenance Electrician (re advertised)
Byron Bay, NSW
Byron Shire offers pristine beaches, diverse lifestyles, a magnificent natural environment and subtropical climate. Our priorities in our new Community Strategic Plan – Our Byron, Our Future – are:
- We have infrastructure, transport and services that meet our expectations
- We cultivate and celebrate our diverse cultures, lifestyle and sense of community
- We protect and enhance our natural environment
- We manage growth and change responsibly
- We have community led decision making which is open and inclusive
We value our employees and provide a rewarding and flexible working environment that celebrates our staff values:
- We lead with enthusiasm and purpose
- We are open, honest and respectful
- We foster well-being and creativity
- We achieve our goals an succeed together
We are looking for: an experienced and motivated Maintenance Electrician to join our Utilities Team. If you are considering looking for an exciting opportunity with a Council, then this may be the role for you!
The successful candidate will meet all the criteria set out in the Position Description for the role and importantly will undertake electrical maintenance of Council’s assets in a proper and efficient manner.
- Full-time position (38 hours per week, 9 day fortnight).
- Salary and Conditions will be in accordance with the NSW Local Government (State) Award with an appointment at a salary in the range of $1,147.18 to $1,329.18 per week (dependent upon skills and experience).
- Other benefits include 9.5% superannuation, education and training support, flexible work hours and an attractive salary packaging scheme.
Location: This position is based at Council's Works Depot in Byron Bay, however Council can require you to work from other work sites as required for operational reasons.
Contact: James MCQuaker - Team Leader Electrical Maintenance on 0408 425 490.
Closing date: Monday, 17 February 2020, 9.00am (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
How to apply:
Please note: Once you start your online application you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then COPY and PASTE into the fields below. For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Employment page on the Byron Shire Council website.